Monday, December 20, 2010

HELP!!! I am fat and its Christmas!!!

Christmas is less than a week away and I don't know about you guys but in my family this week is all about Christmas goodies and food and family *insert eyeroll here*.

Even though I am a member of a family with 75% of us overweight the bad choices still are rampant in my family. I have try each year to bring 'healthy' options to our family potluck but I am often met with eye rolls and comments about "that's not good stuff".

Well this year I am not letting others affect the choices of myself or my children. That does not mean that I am going to be the 'cookie nazi' and not let my children have sweets or goodies etc but I can make sure that they have healthy breakfasts before we go to our potlucks and I can also help them make healthy choices at our meals as well.

I was just wondering how others are going to be battling all the unhealthy choices this week? I know that I am going to snack on healthy foods before I go to the pot luck, I will also be bring healthy choices as our contribution to the meal. I am planning on drinking ALOT of water rather than the beverages that I know will be served, and I am hoping to get in a little bit of exercise as well.

Good luck everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Kristin!
    I am enjoying and vow to start the new year with a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete